Abang Abdullah Abang Ali
Last Update 1/31/96
In a Paragraph
Abang Abdullah is a Professor of Civil Engineering and Dean, Faculty of Engineering at University Pertanian Malaysia. He received his B.S. degree in Civil Engineering from Brighton, United Kingdom in 1974, then continued studies at Manchester in Structural Engineering, leading to a MSc. degree in 1975. Prof. Abang's is a Fellow dan the Vice President of The Institution of Engineers, Malaysia and a Fellow of The Institution of Civil Engineers, United Kingdom. He is a Board Member of the Malaysian Highway Authority.
His research interest is in Materials and Structures with emphasis on low cost housing. He serve as a structural engineering consultant to a number of consultant firms including Malaysian International Consultant Sdn Bhd.
He is presently the coordinator for the natinal Committee of Engineering Deans under MIGHT, Prime Minister's Department. Project Team Leader for An IEM/BEM/TNB Enquiry of the Formation of Engineers in Malaysia and Co-Chairman of Study on The National Housing Policy for the Ministry of Housing and Local Government.
- 1993-Present : Professor & Dean, Faculty of Engineering, Universiti Pertanian Malaysia
- 1990-1993 : Professor & Head, Department of Civil and Environmental Engineering, UPM.
- 1988-1989 : Royal Society Research Fellow, Manchester University, U.K.
- 1982-1988 : Professor and Dean Faculty of Engineering, UPM.
- 1981-1982 : Associate Professor & Deputy Dean, Faculty of Engineering, UPM
- 1980-1981 : Structural Engineers, Manalysian International Consultant
- 1978 : Structutal Engineer, Perunding Bakti
- 1976-1981 : Lecturer, UPM
- BSc(Hons) (Brighton), MSc(Manchester), F.I.E.M, P.Eng., F.I.C.E, C.Eng
Happily married with 6 happy children by the grace of God.
You can e-mail me for more info!
firstname.lastname@example.org (Abang Abdullah)